This course is an advanced exploration of live sound techniques, including room acoustics, digital sound equipment, software analysis, and system engineering. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AUD 131
with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate Front Of House mixing.
- Demonstrate Monitor mixing.
- Demonstrate mixing by remote.
- Identify the basics of show logistics.
- Identify the basics of stage management.
- Identify the basics of show documents - riders, backline, liability.
- Compare and Contrast various mixes in a Front Of House and monitor position.
- Integrate knowledge of mixing into a live performance.
- Mix a performance from the Front Of House position.
- Mix a performance from the "monitor world" position.
- Manage a load-in, set-up and strike for a live performance.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.