This course will help the student in learning to read and interpret the meaning of the Code, and to find information about how to do wiring installations. Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to find information from the Code needed to do residential, commercial, farm, and industrial wiring and to be successful with electrical examinations. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites ELE 110
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
This course is recommended for those seeking more in-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code and those who intend to sit for the Michigan Electrical Journeyman Exam with the next year.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Relate the National Electrical Code to real life situations.
- Identify advanced symbols, formulas, and references used by the National Electrical Code.
- Calculate services and other electrical loads using the National Electrical Code.
- Solve electrical construction issues by identifying applicable NEC codes.
- Discuss connections between the rules presented in the NEC and the real world.
- Compare actual job performance and code stipulations.
- Debate different approaches to same jobs using applicable code references.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize themselves as their own first line of defense in dangerous situations.
Learning How to Learn:
- Defend the value of codes and rules regarding electrical installations.
- Thoroughly assess the application of the NEC to real life.