In this course you will excel in setting occupational/educational aspirations and offering/receiving constructive criticism of your work. You will design and produce a body of work for your portfolio, tailored to your individual goals, be it in Illustration, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics or Art Direction. Progressive Visual Communications theory and practice will also be studied through projects in packaging design, point-of-purchase displays, info-graphics, mobile app development and more. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites VCA 200
, VCA 220
or instructor permission.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe design methodologies related to info-graphics and packaging.
- Identify graphic design and advertising elements used in iOS app development.
- Relate industry theory and research to progressive practice.
- Assemble portfolio elements customized to their chosen field.
- Complete projects from start to finish.
- Solve design challenges in an Apple Certified Mac Lab.
- Create new projects to strengthen portfolios.
- Assemble research via professional presentations showcasing their strategy.
- Use global industry standards in project development.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Resolve issues in process through critiques and communication with others.
Learning How to Learn:
- Synthesize the history and future of their career path.
- Question how design can be used to increase social / environmental awareness.
- Synthesize constructive feedback during critiques and discussions.