Work experience is an integral part of the Web Developer Certificate program. In this course, students are placed in settings that utilize their web installation and development skills as well as business and CIT skills. Students will work 150 hours during the semester in a supervised on-the-job training experience. In addition to the required 150 hours in the internship placement, students participate in semi-monthly seminars. Students must apply one month prior to the semester in which they will complete the internship. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Relate CIT skills to the workplace.
- Identify "soft-skills" that are used in the workplace.
- Develop competencies in a professional setting.
- Evaluate the internship experience as an exemplar for the field.
- Apply CIT skills in a professional setting.
- Reflect on the importance of professional etiquette.
- Recognize a professional organizational culture.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Determine their role in an organization.
- Adapt to new environments.
- Apply soft skills when working with others.
Learning How to Learn:
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve common organizational goals.
- Recognize individual effort as a component to organizational success.
- Seek solutions to problems on their own.
- Evaluate one's own performance in light of one's expressed goals and learning outcomes.