This course is an introduction to live sound techniques, including basic properties of sound, sound equipment, signal flow, and system engineering. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify amplitude, frequency, and the Decibel scale.
- Identify the basics of acoustics.
- Identify signal routing, and signal flow.
- Identify the basics of power distribution.
- Identify the basics of audio measurement.
- Test and record audio signal.
- Analyze acoustical measurements.
- Compare and Contrast amplitude and frequency of sound.
- Configure a live sound setup.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.