This class introduces students to the practice of system design and development. Students apply specific methodologies for problem-based learning and project management. Technical content from prior courses is applied to address challenges and create solutions. Student teams create prototypes and communicate results with classroom activities supporting teamwork, project planning, requirements analysis, design, development, testing, demonstration, and reporting. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites EET 102
, EET 103
, RAM 155
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies AVF 141
, RAM 205
or WSI 200
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify aspects of highly functional teams.
- Describe project management methodologies.
- Identify system design phases.
- Apply specific methodologies for problem-based learning and project management.
- Use problem solving to address challenges and create solutions.
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Solve engineering technology problems.
- Use communication skills in both technical and non- technical environments.
- Select appropriate technical literature.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Describe professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Create prototypes in teams.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and timeliness.
- Engage in self-directed learning.
- Experience continuous improvement through iteration.