This course will provide dental assistant students with study/application sessions for the clinical portion of the state licensure exam. Expanded functions of special interest are dental amalgams, temporary crowns, and dental dams. Must be a current dental assisting student or graduate of a post-secondary dental assisting program approved by the State Board of Dentistry. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites HDA 282
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Review key course concepts from all HDA courses and HAH120.
- Demonstrate proficiency when placing a class II amalgam, based on the State of Michigan RDA criteria.
- Demonstrate proficiency when creating a temporary crown, based on the State of Michigan RDA criteria.
- Demonstrate proficiency when placing and removing a dental dam on a patient, based on the State of Michigan RDA criteria.
- Prepare for the State Board exam by critiquing relevant clinical procedures.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Engage with others regarding the ethics of following State licensure guidelines.
Learning How to Learn:
- Interact with patients utilizing professionalism and appropriate communication skills.
- Identify sources of information related to review units that will assist the student with being successful on board exams.