This course provides a comprehensive systems overview of the operating principles, maintenance, and service of hybrid electric vehicles. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AT 130
or Certification in Electrical and Engine Tune Up.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify various hybrid systems and their components including related high voltage safety concerns.
- Apply problem solving strategies to resolve issues with various hybrid systems.
- Demonstrate through simulations and case studies the repair of various hybrid systems.
- Demonstrate repair strategies for various hybrid systems through simulations and case studies.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Work collaboratively to diagnose needed repairs on hybrid systems.
Learning How to Learn:
- Safely repair hybrid systems to protect themselves and others.
- Demonstrate mastery of hybrid systems concepts as tested by the State of Michigan.