This course will introduce students to CNC (Computer Numerical Control) turning machines or CNC lathes. CNC lathe procedures will include set up from a list of guidelines to properly and safely make a part to blueprint specifications. Students will spend lab time going over machine demonstrations with individual practice and support, supplemented with classroom and online learning going over safety procedures and machine set up operations. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites MFG 113
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies MTH 23
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify the capabilities of various CNC Lathe machine tools.
- Demonstrate effective metal cutting principles.
- Apply kinetic cutting principles to all machining operations.
- Perform operations on CNC machines to meet specifications on a given print.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate with others to work effectively in the shop environment.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate caring through proper use of tools.
- Transfer the concept of order of operations of a system to new situations.