This course covers advanced automotive electronics with the emphasis placed on operation, troubleshooting, and repair of lighting, gauges, accessories, and power option circuits. Body hardware is covered including diagnostics of modern systems with body control modules. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AT 120
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify the various elements of electrical systems.
- Identify issues with various electronics.
- Conduct diagnostics of modern systems with body control modules.
- Use problem solving to resolve advanced automotive electronics issues.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Demonstrate their ability to properly service a vehicle for customers using recommended shop procedures. .
- Collaborate with peers as they work on vehicles to solve problems.
Learning How to Learn:
- Appreciate the need to act professionally when working with customers.
- Perform appropriate diagnostic routines and test procedures for resolving automotive electrical diagnostic and repair procedures as defined by National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation standards.