This course introduces the basic principles of geothermal energy production and technology. Essentials on how to utilize geothermal technology as an energy source will be analyzed and demonstrated. Examples of residential and commercial applications will be shown and reviewed. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies MTH 23
or placement into MTH 111
, ENG 111
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain basic geothermal operation.
- Identify the basic geothermal components.
- Calculate the impact of geothermal on home and business utility bills.
- Show the environmental impact of geothermal installations.
- Incorporate a hands-on practice of geothermal operation.
- Discuss the installation of geothermal for both residential and commercial applications.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Question the feasibility of neighborhood/community geothermal systems.
Learning How to Learn:
- Defend the use of sustainable energy sources and environmental conservancy.
- Judge the practicality of using geothermal in real-life.