Second level fabrication class for all students enrolled in the Welding Technology A.A.S. program. Students will take control of a fabrication project from the planning to finishing stages. Emphasis on design, project planning, and efficient execution. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites WPT 211
and WPT 260
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Organize project steps for manufacturing.
- Identify factors that govern the manufacturing process.
- Generate project design prints.
- Use formulae to estimate cost of work.
- Integrate theory with their practical experience.
- Organize tasks to achieve process efficiency.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Support the progress of others through collaboration.
- Justify manufacturing design decisions.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate shop etiquette.
- Reflect on the value of attitude in the industrial environment.
- Adapt to the less structured work environment.
- Synthesize new material with old in order to improve outcomes.