This course is a continuation of the study of the integration of program styles and components used in industry. Program structure and project development will be studied. Installation of different types of components integrated with PLCs will also be studied. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites EET 233
, ELE 146
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define the fundamentals of PLC control.
- Read ladder logic as well as advanced program instructions.
- Design PLC program logic for input.
- Research ladder logic to develop PLC programs.
- Select proper devices for various tasks.
- Develop PLC program logic to work various devices in a typical industrial environment.
- Place control logic devices properly within a working circuit.
- Develop logical sequences of ideas to transfer to an operational format.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Assess their position on replacing people with electronics.
- Discover their ability to logically and sequentially set up programs and device functions.
Learning How to Learn:
- Appreciate the importance of attention to detail.
- Recognize the need for technicians as manufacturing institutes these problems.
- Reflect on their ability to use these course skills in real-world applications.