This course includes the operation of CNC (Computer Numerical Control) mills including calling up programs, loading and unloading parts, part inspection, and monitoring tool wear. This course will provide an introduction to planning and writing programs for CNC mills and using standard G and M codes. Learners will set up work pieces in machines, enter programs, set tool offsets, enter work offsets, and complete part projects. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies MFG 113
or MNG 260
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify the capabilities of various CNC mill machine tools.
- Demonstrate effective metal cutting principles.
- Apply kinetic cutting principles to all machining operations.
- Perform operations on CNC machines to meet specifications on a given point.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate with others to work effectively in the shop environment.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate caring through proper use of tools.
- Transfer the concept of order of operations of a system to new situations.