In this experiential, hands-on course, students will learn about esports event management by providing event management support to regional esports events. Students will holistically critique esports and sports event management practices used by themselves and others in terms of their component parts, namely business, marketing, technical aspects, and project management aspects. Using this information, they will implement event management strategies in the hosting of esports events in the field. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- manage time effectively within the context of a professional or educational event workflow.
- apply current terminology when conveying ideas and intentions related to k-12, collegiate, and professional Esports event management.
- implement current event management best practices while planning and/or executing Esports events, inclusive of business, advertising, marketing, and technical aspects.
- integrate strategies used with success for other team sport events and technology-dependent events into their Esports event approaches.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- assessed through a portfolio including at minimum a combination of artifacts reflective of industry practice analysis, planning documentation, event stakeholder surveys, and final reflection piece.
Learning How to Learn:
- explore the impact of equitable access to events through venue location or online only options.
- Develop a learning plan to build on the portfolio through feedback and reflection.