The purpose of the internship is to provide on-the-job training for the student who wishes to pursue a career in a technical field of study. The internship will be customized to meet the learning needs of the student and the job requirements of the sponsoring firm. Students spend 10-15 hours per week in this paid, supervised on-the-job training experience. In addition to the required 50 hours per credit at a work site, students participate in semi-monthly seminars. Students must apply one month prior to the semester in which they will complete the internship. Group 2 course.
30 credits of program specific courses with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify knowledge of business operations, and procedures.
- Apply interpersonal skills in a professional setting.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Transfer academic knowledge to the workplace and technical competencies in their area of interest.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Apply best practices of social responsibility including ethical standards.
Learning How to Learn:
- Experience realistic job previews connecting academic work and employment.
- Evaluate their learning in the context of their profession.