This course teaches students how to use Microsoft Word and prepares them to pass the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Word certification exam. Skills students will learn include navigating in a document, customizing and formatting text, paragraphs and pages, inserting objects, maintaining and proofing documents, performing mail merge operations, document sharing and management, tracking and referencing documents, and managing macros and forms. Students enrolling in this course will take the Microsoft Office certification exam. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify advanced word processing concepts.
- Create documents using advanced features of MS Word.
- Update documents using advanced features of word processing software.
- Maintain an electronic file and folder structure containing course files.
- Integrate knowledge of word processing with real-life situations.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify various ways MS Word is used in industry.
Learning How to Learn:
- Research word processing features of interest to share with others.
- Identify sites that explain word processing concepts.