This course provides training in the best use practices of multiple acoustic platforms for use in search and recovery operations typical to law enforcement, homeland security and first responders from multiple agencies. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Prior use of sonar equipment in search and recovery applications.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Understand best practices for deployment of acoustic platforms in the marine environment.
- Develop interpretive skills from analysis of acoustic information.
- Differentiate between an acoustic targets of interest and natural subsurface features.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Practice the application of acoustic technology in support of search and recovery operations.
Learning How to Learn:
- Obtain skills that directly impact the speed of recovery operations.
- Interpret acoustic returns and compare to diver and video observations.