This preparatory course reflects many of the important changes that appear in the current edition of the National Electrical Code. The changes are presented as they pertain to Single Family Dwellings, Multifamily Dwellings, Commercial Locations, Industrial Locations, and Hazardous Locations. It is designed to enable the student to learn electrical print reading and become familiar with applicable sections of the National Electrical Code. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites ELE 105
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
This course is recommended for those seeking more in-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code and those who intend to sit for the Michigan Electrical Journeyman Exam with the next year
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Articulate the basis for the National Electrical Code.
- Explain the organization of the National Electrical Code.
- Identify symbols, formulas, and references used by the National Electrical Code.
- Perform print reading take-offs demonstrating knowledge of electrical symbols.
- Locate the supporting National Electrical Code references.
- Relate direct applications of the National Electrical Code to specific electrical installations.
- Utilize print reading skills to calculate the value of specific jobs.
- Develop familiarity with the navigation of the National Electrical Code.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify the danger of taking short-cuts in electrical procedures.
Learning How to Learn:
- Respect the level of safety and standards introduced through the National Electrical Code.
- Question the material to gain deeper meaning of its applications.