This course will focus on the advanced exploration of interactive navigation, animation and storytelling that is created for and exists on the web. Advanced Design theory, greater interactivity, file architecture, web loading, hosting and uploading for Animate and more exposure to Motion software will emphasis creative and narrative language. Students should be self-motivated, this advanced section involves independent projects. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites VCA 146
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Intermediate to advanced understanding of bitmap or vector drawing, typography and the Macintosh platform.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate advanced animation techniques; both traditional and digital.
- Develop animation projects from idea conception to product completion.
- Create projects using computers and computer peripherals.
- Integrate course concepts into advanced interactive assignments.
- Package animation projects using industry standard format(s).
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Use the content in this course to inform and help others and themselves.
- Critique projects with peers and others.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express an appreciation for animated products.
- Identify technical skills required of members in animation development teams.
- Frame useful questions for developing technical skills.
- Interact constructively during critiques and discussions.