A course of study that will provide basic education principles and a review of the aeronautical knowledge required for the flight instructor (airplane single engine) certificate and prepare the student to take the FAA Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI) and the Flight Instructor-Airplane Single Engine written examinations. Through classroom presentations and one-on-one student teaching, students will gain practical teaching experience. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AVF 230
and AVG 251
both with a 2.0 or higher
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe key concepts of teaching fundamentals on aviation subject matter.
- Construct lessons that teach key concepts to others.
- Communicate key elements of aviation concepts to solve real world situations.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Illustrate their ability to teach effectively.
Learning How to Learn:
- Inspire to motivate and connect with students as instructors.
- Recognize the importance of self-learning in the aviation industry.