Apply basic mathematical principles to solve problems in modern business practice. Topics include trade pricing, markups, profit and loss, interest, payroll, taxes, and investments. It is designed for day-to-day business applications. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites MTH 08
with grade 2.0 or higher, or placement into MTH 23
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify basic business math information found in real life situations.
- Use business math concepts found in real life situations.
- Evaluate various real life scenarios using business math concepts.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify patterns in their own financial plans.
Learning How to Learn:
- Communicate ethical decision making with successful business practices.
- Reflect on their own financial choices regarding future career options.