This course is a general overview of the field of engineering. Emphasis is on curricula, categories of engineering and the role of the engineer. Required for all first-year students in the engineering program. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies ENG 111
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe the role of engineers in society.
- Explain the various branches of engineering.
- Describe the role of ethics in engineering.
- Build on an online profile specific to their career objectives.
- Identify the skill requirements to be workforce ready.
- Apply ethical and moral frameworks to case studies.
Learning How to Learn:
- Contrast their own perspectives to moral decision making frameworks.
- Relate technical specifications to decisions in ethics using case studies.