Human Resource managers are especially challenged today navigating employment waters that require expertise in employment legislation, recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation, labor relations, safety and health. Theory and practice of these topics are explored with special emphasis on day-to-day applications in the workplace. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies BUS 101
, ENG 111
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Other college designations supported by this course
Infused: Writing Intensive
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- The primary human resources activities within an organization.
- Analyze recent trends in human resources with emphasis on improving organizational effectiveness.
- Integrate interpersonal communication skills while interviewing HR personnel.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Will recognize the effect HR management styles have on effective work relationships.
Learning How to Learn:
- Connect models of ethical HR decision making with successful management practice.
- Reflect on the effect of HR management concepts from real world scenarios.