This course is an introduction to programming using the Python language and intended for students without prior programming experience. Python is an interpreted language with a rich programming environment, and while easy for beginners to learn, is widely used in many areas including the web, data analysis and application development. Through online coding exercises and engaging projects students will explore good coding practices, simple design pattern, data types, control structures, decisions and conditionals, collections, methods, functions, classes and File I/O. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Basic file management skills
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Analyze and implement the appropriate data type for a given application.
- Analyze and implement the control structures necessary for a given algorithm.
- Demonstrate the process of developing an application.
- Evaluate a set of application requirements to determine the required coding elements and application structure.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills while relating design decisions.
- Develop a functional and consistent user interface (UI) and experience (UX).
Learning How to Learn:
- Identify how the quality of code affects our daily experience and interaction with technology.
- Select professional development resources that support their learning styles.