Students taking this course will learn how to setup, configure, and maintain a Windows Server Infrastructure. Topics covered include Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name Systems (DNS), Distributed File Systems (DFS), and Virtual Private Networks. This course maps to the 70-741 Networking with Windows Server 2016 certification exam. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites CIT 213
or instructor permission
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Summarize network infrastructure concepts.
- Configure name resolution.
- Configure Network Policy Server (NPS).
- Configure remote access.
- Connect networking infrastructure concepts to business.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Discuss the importance of a network administrator's role in an organization.
- Work with others to achieve a desired outcome.
Learning How to Learn:
- Explore how their role has a direct impact on the productivity of others.
- Recognize the importance of staying updated on technology.
- Seek out solutions to problems on their own.