Internship placement in a daycare, nursery school, early elementary grades in grade school or other agencies that deal with students, children and/or families. The student will have the opportunity to interact with individuals and assist with planning for curriculum or program activities under direct supervision. Each credit hour is equivalent to 32 internship hours and can be divided over more than one semester. At least 1 credit hour (32 internship hours) must be spent in an infant/toddler learning environment. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies ECE 101
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Record observations during their internship experiences.
- Use their skills while working directly with children in the classroom daily activities.
- Assist in lesson planning and implementation as determined by the classroom supervisor.
- Write a reflective journal to connect their experience to their future work in the field of education.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Students explore the nature of the education process and observe how children respond and learn in the classroom setting.
Learning How to Learn:
- Advocate for the well-being of children/families in their placement program.
- Analyze their own thinking to complete their course success plan.