This course is designed to give the student experience with setting up an accounting system on the computer. QuickBooks software will be used. Accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, inventory and payroll will be covered, with an emphasis on conversion from manual accounting systems to both desktop and/or cloud-based platforms. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites ACC 121
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify basic accounting information found in real life situations.
- Use accounting concepts and skills found in real life situations.
- Evaluate various real life scenarios using accounting knowledge, concepts, and skills.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify patterns in their own developing accounting knowledge.
Learning How to Learn:
- Engage in ethical decision making regarding accounting.
- Reflect on their own developing accounting knowledge regarding future career options.