This course is the second of a four-semester/ two-year sequence of the study of piano. Objectives are the cultivation of technical-musical awareness and keyboard playing ability. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites MUS 106
or equivalent competency
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify elements of grand staff notation in simple and compound meter and in all keys.
- Play all major and all minor scales, one octave, hands together.
- Play diatonic triads and seventh chords in all major and minor keys.
- Harmonize and transpose melodies.
- Play solo and ensemble repertoire.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.