This course is a combination of the study of audio and recording theory with instruction and practice in audio studio recording techniques. There is an emphasis on developing skills in the use of current technology. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify amplitude, frequency, and the Decibel scale.
- Identify microphone types, patterns, and placement.
- Identify signal routing, and signal flow.
- Identify the basic principles and workings of software recording platforms.
- Record live recording sessions, overdubs.
- Create mixes, and final masters of recording sessions.
- Compare and Contrast amplitude and frequency of sound.
- Integrate knowledge of signal flow into a recording session.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.