Through structured classroom and hands-on skill building, the student will learn installation of roof, floor, and drain areas, types of valves, installing and testing water supply piping, installing fixtures, valves, and faucets, basic electricity, installing water heaters, fuel gas systems and servicing plumbing fixtures. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites PLU 121
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain the installation of drain areas.
- Show how to test water supply piping.
- Define Basic Electricity, Water Heaters, and Fuel-gas Systems.
- Perform the installation of numerous plumbing equipment; roof, floor, drain areas, water supply piping, fixtures, valves, and faucets.
- Perform troubleshooting of water heaters, fuel-gas systems, and plumbing fixtures.
- Compare and contrast the differences in residential and commercial plumbing applications.
- Distinguish the wide range of commercial plumbing methods and practices.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate with other trades to conduct installations in a timely manner.
Learning How to Learn:
- Conclude proper installation can make jobs much less time consuming and costly.
- Propose troubleshooting adds value to the knowledge already gained through installation.
- Summarize the application of various installations to real life.