Students will learn performance qualification according to American Welding Society standards and have the opportunity to take AWS welder qualification tests in the process or processes of their choice. Group 2 course.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Use terminology common to the welding trade as defined by the American Welding Society.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly prepare code bend test coupons as well as to properly prepare and set up weld performance test coupons.
- Generate weld procedure documentation in accordance with applicable industry standards.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize the importance of weld quality on the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Learning How to Learn:
- Be aware in their personal impact on the quality of the projects in which they are involved.
- Evaluate hypothetical applications and determine efficacy of different processes.