Course DescriptionMTH 121
Support will focus on essential algebra skills needed for success in College Algebra. Course is for students concurrently enrolled in Math 121. Support topics include factoring, solving linear and quadratic equations, order of operations, properties of exponents, polynomial and rational equations, linear and quadratic equations, set notation, functions, complex numbers, logarithms, and applications.
Appropriate placement score
Corequisites MTH 121
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies MTH 111
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Factoring, Solving Linear and Quadratic Equations, Order of Operations. Properties of Exponents, Polynomial and Rational Equations, Set Notation, Functions, Complex Numbers, Logarithms.
- The student will solve real world problems using appropriate models and strategies.
- Student will bring skills from MTH 021 to their MTH 121 course.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Self: Students will strive to improve areas of mathematical weakness based on feedback. Others: Students will collaborate with peers during group work.
Learning How to Learn:
- Students will recognize the impact mathematics plays in civic situations such as politics, education and income.
- Students will relate mathematical skills to real-life situations.