This mixed (SATB) choral ensemble is open to all students with past choral experience. The Chamber Singers provides its members with an educational experience and personal enrichment made possible through singing of quality choral literature selected from Antiquity through the 21st Century with an emphasis on newer works and works for small choral ensembles. Performance excellence is principal to the purpose of the ensemble. The Chamber Singers perform throughout the semester and frequently perform with the Traverse Symphony Orchestra. Group 2 course.
Choral experience or instructor permission.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify basic elements of music notation such as clefs, pitches, and elements of rhythm.
- Demonstrate knowledge of musical elements.
- Demonstrate tone production competencies.
- Demonstrate performance convention competencies through the concert repertoire.
- Demonstrate language competencies through the concert repertoire.
- Demonstrate musicality competencies through the concert repertoire.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.