This course is a continuation of live sound techniques, including acoustic properties of sound, sound equipment, signal flow, and system engineering. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AUD 130
with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate microphones and mic placement.
- Identify the effects - reverb, phase, delay, chorus, flange.
- Demonstrate mix bussing and routing.
- Identify the basics of loudspeakers and amplification.
- Identify the basics of gain structure.
- Identify the basics of rigging.
- Test and document audio signal effects - reverb, phase, delay, chorus, flange.
- Analyze loudspeaker and amplification specifications.
- Compare and Contrast various audio effects.
- Safely rig (install) a live sound setup.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.