This course is designed to give students practical experience in digital audio recording. Students participate in a variety of recording situations using various hardware and software recording techniques. Students apply techniques used in previous recording and digital audio courses. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AUD 110
, AUD 120
, AUD 130
all with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate recording techniques in a real-world recording environment.
- Demonstrate the use of hardware and software tools in a real-world recording environment.
- Compare and Contrast various recording techniques in a real-world recording environment.
- Create a recording in a real-world recording environment.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.