A problem-solving course covering the principles of composition and design. Course will study the concepts and theory of two-dimensional design, pattern, and color as they apply to visual perception and communication. Uses predominately abstract shapes and black, white, and achromatic gray ranges. Students will study visual structure, color and their application. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Students are encouraged to have good reading skills or seek help.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of design principles and elements inclusive of line, value, proportion, medium and composition.
- Apply 2D composition principles to design projects.
- Use 2D tools, techniques and mediums in a controlled manner using good craftsmanship.
- Synthesize design elements and principles to create innovative, original artwork.
- Transfer skills learned in 2D Design to other mediums; both technical and traditional.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Use the content in this course to inform and help others and themselves.
- Critique works of art with peers and others.
- Discuss art movements with peers and others.
- Resolve issues in their artwork through self-reflection and feedback from others.
Learning How to Learn:
- Explain the importance of improving skills to develop their talent.
- Correlate research and imagination to develop unique art objects.