This course is an advanced study of aviation topics including: GPS, meteorology, radio communications, airspace, and Federal Aviation Regulations. In addition, aircraft systems, career opportunities, aviation safety, aircraft weight and balance, performance charts, and aerodynamics are reviewed with emphasis on commercial pilot operations. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AVG 252
with a 2.0 or higher
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain key elements of commercial pilot areas of operation necessary to pass the Commercial Pilot Knowledge test.
- Apply knowledge to real world situations in a safe and effective manner.
- Relate knowledge elements directly to future real world training flights.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Evaluate their method of aeronautical decision making to effectively and safely make go or no-go decisions concerning flight situations.
Learning How to Learn:
- Recognize how their decisions and actions impact public perception of the aviation industry.
- Identify what methods of training will help them learn best.
- Use numerous resources available to them to be able to maintain accurate and current knowledge of the aviation industry.