This course, in conjunction with CIT 157
, covers the current objectives of the two CompTIA A+ Certification exams. Major topics areas include PC hardware, networking, laptops, printers, operational procedures, operating systems, security, mobile devices, troubleshooting, safety and professionalism. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Recommended competency: Windows skills
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain the functioning of computer hardware.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of hardware and components.
- Integrate computer knowledge with soft skills to develop solutions to problems in real world type scenarios.
- Problem-solve independently.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Build interpersonal skills to collaborate with others in order to achieve desired outcomes.
Learning How to Learn:
- Reflect on how their role within an organization and community impact the productivity of others.
- Approach ethical dilemmas with integrity.
- Acknowledge that technology is constantly changing requiring new skillsets.
- Apply their knowledge to future certification exams.