A study of fundamental legal and aviation law principles as they apply to the various segments of the aviation industry. There will be special emphasis on contemporary aviation legal issues. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Articulate a knowledge of theories, regulations, trends and practices involved in aviation law.
- Apply aviation law in a simulated court proceeding.
- Integrate best practices in actual flight events.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identifying their own and others' individual personality traits to help understand how personality affects one's interactions with others in the midst of dynamic, safety-critical situations.
Learning How to Learn:
- Recognize how human errors, miscommunications, and responses contribute to aircraft accidents.
- Grasp an understanding of how their own actions and communication skills directly affect the safe outcome of any given flight and any resulting regulator proceedings.
- Recognize changes in aviation regulations and laws and incorporate those changes in their professional careers.
- Incorporate their own positive study habits as they prepare for recurrent training requirements of the FAA.
- Recognize the importance of self-study in keeping current in their profession.