Through structured classroom and hands-on skill building, the student will learn small sources of electricity, basics of alternating current, AC circuits containing inductance, AC circuits containing capacitors, AC circuits containing resistance-inductance-capacitance, three-phase power, transformers, DC machines, and AC machines. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites ELE 121
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify the Fundamentals AC electricity.
- Describe traits associated with AC electricity circuits.
- Explain how to work with equipment and machines that use AC electricity.
- Calculate the effects of AC electricity in different circuits.
- Implement skill building on different AC circuits with transformers and motors.
- Predict the effects of inductance and capacitance on a circuit.
- Solve issues of power factor.
- Discuss power distribution and its functional uses.
- Synthesize previous course knowledge into advanced AC applications.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Estimate how to do work quickly with as little impact as possible to meet customer needs.
Learning How to Learn:
- Appraise the complexity of our current power distribution system.
- Adapt course knowledge to better question current electrical uses.