This course deals with a comprehensive study of Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet software and the business applications which can be created and used with the software. The entry of data with different formats, formula creations, file transfer of data, graphing, data tables, solver programs, apply what-if scenarios and an introduction to macros will be covered. Course content is mapped to the current Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Excel learning objectives and students enrolled in this course will take the certification exam. Group 2 course.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify spreadsheet concepts.
- Identify industry standards including best-practice guidelines.
- Create workbooks.
- Modify workbooks.
- Maintain an electronic file and folder structure containing course files.
- Mathematical models to solve problems.
- Integrate knowledge of MS Excel with real-life situations.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify various ways MS Excel is used in industry.
Learning How to Learn:
- Research MS Excel features of interest to share with others.
- Identify sites that explain spreadsheet concepts.