Through structured classroom and hands-on skill building, the student will learn power factor, ventilating, air conditioning, and other facilities, system protection, lightning protection, site lighting, programmable logic controllers, developing a program for a PLC, fiber optics, hazardous locations, and harmonics. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites ELE 142
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify Environmental Systems.
- Explain variances on the electrical system.
- Articulate the concept of Automation.
- Determine the variances discovered on the electrical system like Harmonics.
- Develop an introductory PLC program.
- Design the lighting needs and layout.
- Calculate the demands of various safety and environmental systems.
- Synthesize all the systems together incorporating various environments to the electrical safety system.
- Evaluate the world of automation and programming logic.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Analyze industrial and manufacturing job prospects.
- Recognize industry requires and demands knowledgeable electricians.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate the depth and level of understanding of the electrical systems.
- Initiate programming options showing uses and practical applications.