This ground school and simulator course will provide the foundation training on the Textron Aerosonde UAS platform, one of the leading UAS platforms in the U.S. Students will learn the systems and operational procedures along with in-depth simulator training that will prepare them for the Aerosonde UAS Flight course. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites UAS 255
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define the capabilities of the Aerosonde Textron system.
- Identify Aerosonde ground school and simulator components.
- Develop flight and thinking skills through on-ground flight simulations.
- Apply complex UAS course concepts to real life scenarios.
- Prepare an Aerosonde simulation flight course.
- Operate complex UAS in a simulated environment.
- Connect decision making processes and problem solving skills with a variety of flight conditions and scenarios.
- Integrate flight skills and coordination with flying and building exercises.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Critically reflect upon skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to succeed in the UAS industry.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate how decision making and personal actions impact aircraft, sensors and people on the ground.
- Recognize the need for ensuring aviation safety and public perception of the unmanned aircraft industry.
- Construct knowledge about course content and training professionals receive while working for a large UAS manufacturer.
- Reflect upon the preparation and professionalism needed for an occupation in the field.
- Self-assess personal skills and knowledge in order to identify deficiencies.