This hands-on course will introduce students to sampling protocols, procedures, quality control, preservation technology, field analysis, and data interpretation. Students will learn how to sample soil, sediments, surface water, groundwater, and air using industry-accepted protocols and industry standard equipment. Proper logbook development, Chain of custody and quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) methods will be presented. Troubleshooting of equipment will be emphasized. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites WSI 150
, EET 103
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate competency in the use of groundwater and aquifer sampling equipment.
- Collect groundwater and aquifer samples using standard industry equipment.
- Examine and utilize data management and analysis software from collected field samples.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Practice completion of reporting and paperwork required by governmental agencies from sampling activities.
Learning How to Learn:
- Classify environmental remediation activities and summarize their impacts on human health.
- Properly create procedural documents and prepare logbooks for documentation purposes.