This course will prepare the learner with an understanding of the real economic, social, and cultural impact of advertising and conversely, the impact of society's values on advertising. The strategic function of advertising within the broader context of business and marketing will be discussed in this course. The creative aspects of advertising will be studied, and students will develop an advertising campaign or related project. The global effect of marketing and advertising on business and national economies will be addressed along with ethical issues related to truth in advertising in today's society. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies BUS 101
, ENG 111
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Other college designations supported by this course
Infused: Writing Intensive
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Recognize advertising and marketing terminology.
- Assess the strategic function of advertising within the context of marketing.
- Connect and discuss aspects of advertising.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify the economic, ethical, social and cultural impact of advertising to different audiences.
Learning How to Learn:
- Reflect on their role in the communication process and how it relates to advertising.
- Collaborate to identify areas of self-interest and work together to explore these areas of interest.