Second level lecture for all students enrolled in a Welding Technology Degree or Certificate Program. Course will cover theory and technique for Pulsed Gas Metal Arc Welding, Flux Cored Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, and Arc Cutting Processes. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites WPT 111
Corequisites WPT 114
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define terminology common to the welding trade as defined by the American Welding Society.
- Identify safety hazards.
- Describe common industry Personal Protective Equipment.
- Apply knowledge of process fundamentals to hypothetical problems.
- Use formulae to calculate welding related values.
- Apply Ohm's Law when trouble shooting arc welding processes.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize the importance of weld quality on the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Learning How to Learn:
- Be cognizant of their personal impact on the quality of the projects.
- Evaluate hypothetical applications to determine efficacy of different processes.