Presentation of nursing interventions and concepts required for adult patients with complex medical-surgical disorders. Emphasizes advanced assessment, analysis, nursing judgment, and nursing accountability. The focus is on adult patients with multiple complex requirements. Geriatric considerations are presented and integrated throughout. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites HNR 251
with 2.5 or higher, HNR 252
with an S
Corequisites HNR 241
, HNR 242
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Articulates safe pharmacological and nursing care for patients with complex medical-surgical disorders.
- Demonstrates an understanding of evidence-based practice guidelines for complex medical-surgical disorders.
- Evaluates pathophysiologic deviations inherent in complex medical-surgical disorders including special concerns of the geriatric population.
- Applies nursing interventions that embrace standards for nursing practice, established policies and procedures, and/or legal and ethical parameters.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Evaluates communication techniques for effective interaction with patients, families and other health team members.
Learning How to Learn:
- Appraises family needs and interventions to provide holistic care, from admission through discharge planning.
- Interprets course content utilizing strategies to prepare for standardized comprehensive testing.