First level fabrication class for all students enrolled in the Welding Technology A.A.S. program. Students will learn to apply manufacturing principles and techniques in order to complete assemblies to print specifications. Proper use of common industrial tools and machinery, including CNC cutting table, will be stressed. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites WPT 113
, WPT 114
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify common manufacturing equipment.
- Select machine settings via multiple resources.
- Fabricate complex assemblies in conformance to print specifications.
- Use formulae to estimate cost of work.
- Integrate theory with their practical experience.
- Organize tasks to achieve process efficiency.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Support the progress of others through collaboration.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate shop etiquette.
- Reflect on the value of attitude in the industrial environment.
- Demonstrate perseverance when developing skills.
- Synthesize new material with old in order to improve outcomes.