Digital Audio III is the continuation of AUD 121
, Digital Audio II. This course further explores MIDI and audio recording and editing in Logic and Pro Tools, and also delves into an exploration of software sound synthesizers and sampler instruments found in Digital Audio Workstations. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AUD 121
with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify the principles of orchestration - composition, range, register, overtone series, and transposition.
- Demonstrate the use of a variety of Musical Instrument Digital Interface controllers and mixing techniques when composing and scoring for a variety of genres and instrumentations.
- Compare and Contrast different orchestration and compositional techniques needed for various instrumentations.
- Compose for various genres and instrumentations - rhythm section, string orchestra, woodwinds, and brass.
- Create a final project and/or composition using a variety of orchestration and compositional techniques.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.